Reimagining the Sarasota Bayfront
The Sarasota Bayfront Planning Organization (SBPO) is working to fulfill the community’s vision for a blue and green oasis – a connected and culturally vibrant waterfront – created for and open to everyone as a lively new gathering space. After 5 years of public input from Sarasota residents, The Bay is now on its way to becoming an exciting destination where local residents can meet up.
We’re working on a plan – right now!
SBPO is leading the creation of a comprehensive, long-term master plan for our one-of-a-kind Bayfront that delivers on your expectations with a plan that is financially feasible, operationally do-able, and environmentally sustainable. A plan that delivers on your expectations and the adopted Community Vision and Guiding Principles below.
Over 3,000 community residents have weighed in so far with their ideas about what should happen at The Bay.
Join the Sarasota Bayfront Planning Organization (SBPO) in April as Sasaki shares three design options for The Bay’s future! These options build on community feedback in February and the desired future activities along The Bay. Though each design will be different, all three will combine nature and environment, arts and culture, and recreation and boating opportunities into one spectacular place that is welcoming to all.
April Public Open House Times with Sasaki Design Team:
- Robert L Taylor Community Complex – 1845 John Rivers St (Formerly 1845 34th St) Tuesday, April 17, 2018
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Van Wezel Grand Foyer – 777 North Tamiami Trail
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM or 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Herald-Tribune Community Forum – Sarasota Orchestra Hall
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
It’s Not About Voting for a Winner…
The purpose of the upcoming meetings is to share the three options and gather your input about which aspects of each appeal to you as well as feedback about what is missing. It’s not about voting for a winner; we will take all your feedback and use it to create a desired master plan for the site. The draft plan will be shared at the next community meetings in late May and will incorporate ideas from the different options.
Tell Us What You Want!
Like the February meetings, we will also launch an online survey with identical questions you’ll see at the open houses. The survey will close on April 27, 2018.
We hope to see you in April! Please help spread the word to your friends and neighbors, too.
How You Can Be a Part of It
- Learn more about The Bay opportunity: www.thebaysarasota.org
- Share your ideas: Attend our April open houses and tell us what you think
- Attend SBPO Board Meetings (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month)
- Participate in community get-togethers and meetings
- Help us schedule speakers for events and meetings to share news
- Join in the dialogue via www.TheBaySarasota.org and on social media
- Volunteer as we partner with other organizations on Bayfront events
- Any combination of the above!
Contact The Sarasota Bayfront Planning Organization (SBPO) with any additional ideas or if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.