On November 13th-17th, twenty four of the premier master sand sculptors from all over the world will be competing in the 6th Annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic on the famous Siesta Key Beach.
Founded in 2010, The Crystal Classic is a result of discussions between master sand sculptor and Siesta Key resident Brian Wigelsworth and representatives of the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce, The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Sarasota County Parks and Recreation, Mote Marine Laboratory and the Sarasota Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The Siesta Key Crystal Classic has become a favorite of many professional sand sculptors. Citing the beauty and cleanliness of the pristine white sand, sculptors have remarked that their sculptures look almost as if they are “carved in marble.” Drawing a large crowd each year, our visitors couldn’t agree more.
Over the course of the five days, the master sculptors will transform the always beautiful Siesta Key beach into an outdoor art gallery of sand masterpieces. The competition phase of the Crystal Classic begins on Friday, November 13 and ends on Sunday, November 15 at noon leaving the remainder of the day Monday and, new this year, Tuesday for visitors to view completed sculptures.
- Friday, November 13 – Sunday, November 15: watch the master sand sculptors in action
- Friday, November 13 – Monday, November 16: meet over 60 vendors at the Vendor Village
- Friday, November 13 (at noon) – Sunday, November 15: enjoy live entertainment
- Saturday, November 14: Amateur Competition and “A Night at the Drive-In” presented by the Sarasota Film Festival will take place Saturday night
- Sunday, November 15 – Tuesday, November 17: Enjoy a viewing of the final masterpieces
- Click here for a full festival schedule
You can purchase daily admission upon arrival to the event. Off-site shuttle service will be offered through SCAT, routes 10 and 11 throughout the event.
We encourage members to use this as an opportunity to build visibility, whether you choose to sponsor or apply to be a vendor in the popular “Vendor Village.” Information on these opportunities can be found on their website.
For more information about Siesta Key Crystal Classic contact the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce at (941)-349-3800, email email@example.com or visit www.SiestaKeyCrystalClassic.com.